Sunday, July 8, 2012

okay so i am not sure what this post will be about or even what to title it, but this week has been... a turning point in my life.  I have been so busy with work and such that my spiritual gage has been on low and close to empty. I still went to the temple but i think it was like something to check off the list. I was just focusing on things that were good but not the things that were best. Then on Wednesday night i got really sick so i ended up not going to work  on Thursday. I was really stressed because i needed the money and i didn't want to miss a day of work. I was just not helping myself, but then i realized just what i tender mercy it really was that i got sick. i was able to spend 4-5 hours just studying the scriptures and praying and asking the Lord to help me with all that was going through my mind and heart. i have missed my friends so much lately. They are amazing people and i can't wait to see them all again, but while i was studying the lord brought peace to my heart and just helped me realize that if i put him first and all the things he asks of me then everything else will be fine. Since then i have been more dedicated to my spiritual studies and really walking by faith and its been fantastic!!

okay other update. so i am running a half marathon on August 3. So yesterday i ran 10.2 miles. My mistake was going later on in the day but i felt so good to actually finish. it wasn't the best time but i was proud of myself and i accomplished a goal. If i can do it, then you all can do it too :)

6 weeks in counting and then the Elite 3 will be united. YAY!!!

till next time,
shayli

3 comments:

  1. Wait... You didn't sign your post. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Shay :) haha I can tell her voice! Love it ;) Cant wait to see you soon girl!

    ReplyDelete