Thursday, May 31, 2012

Guardian angels ..... true friends

Hey guys! its me shayli. And i had to share about how truly amazing the other two girls who post with me are. First background on me, growing up i have never stayed in the same place for longer than 3 years. before you feel bad, DON'T. i absolutely loved it. It has shaped me to become the person i am today. I have gotten to see all walks of life, learn from them all and love them all. Another thing is that it has made me super close to my family. From all the moving, making super close and lasting friendships rarely happened. I had alot of amazing friends, but moving a year or two later made it a little more complicated for some to stay super close. Anyway : summary: i have never felt like i have had girlfriends who i could see being by my side for the rest of my life, until now. 
The lord works in marvelous ways. Let me tell you about how this elite three came together and you will see exactly what i mean. Freshman year of college, i had no idea where i was going to live, so i just asked the Lord to help me pick a place. I chose Wyview. Well little did i know that Chelsea  Baker chose wyview as well.... and so did Kenzi christensen. Chelsea and i were in the same ward but i didn't fully take the opportunity to get to know her. Lucky for me i was given a second chance sophmore year when we got to live in the same housing complex four doors down from each other. Enter Kenzi, from a story they will have to tell  they decided to live together. So all three of us at Belmont. The lord allowed Kenzi to be my visiting teacher and we became friends. Then from there i got to know Chelsea so much better and was inspired to ask them about living situations for junior year... and here we are. I am know rooming with two of the most amazing people i know. Two people who continually keep in touch and keep our friendship going no matter where any of us are.  They are angels in my life, who lift me up through texts, phone calls, skype dates and blog posts.Love them oh so much and can not wait to meet up with them in August and reunite the Elite three. LOVE YOU GUYS!

1 comment: